Monday, November 22, 2010

Thank God This Is A Short Week

I woke up this morning ready to take on this day and the rest of my work week but it did not take long for me to change my mind about all of that. :( I still can't really put my finger on what made my day so damn crazy but it was and I am glad that I am at home relaxing. :) I hope that tomorrow is a better and less crazy day. I guess because it is a short work week for me, I have more to do. I am not sure but I am ready to do it and get it all over with. I am ready to see my fam, eat good food and watch some great football!!

I just seen the greatest thing ever. I want this!!! This is so me. And I would love a purse like this as well. Thanks to Micaela for posting this link on your blog. I love it. I think that I will end up having to buy that for myself!! Other than that there are some other really cute things.

I think that I am in need of some alone time!!! Seriously. I am going a little crazy. I need a glass, ok maybe a bottle of wine and a hot bath with no baby girl and no husband!!!! Is that really too much to ask for??? I think that I deserve a night alone. Man that would be so wonderful. I guess that I will have to talk to my Mom and see what I can do!! Anyone have any suggestions on some good wine?? Let me know!! And I will go and buy a case of two!!! :)

As I was looking through pics that had to do with wine and bubble baths I found this cute one and thought that I would share it too!!

So I was just looking at ways to relax at home and found a few things that I thought that I would share. And maybe I will have time to try a few out.....I hope.

Keep a daily journal. Journaling has long been a way for people to "dump" their problems. It doesn't have to be anything fancy. Just grab a notebook and start writing. Taking ten or fifteen minutes at the end of the day to write out your thoughts can be helpful in releasing stress you'd ordinarily keep pent up inside.


I do that on here. Not everyday but almost. And it is nice just to sit and type. But I think that I need more. And really there is only so much that you want any and everyone to know. :) And who wants to read all about Debbie Downer??
 
Painting is a great way to relax. Watercolors are especially recommended because there is no "right" way to use them. Allow your mind to relax as you move the brush over the paper and paint away your stress. Think and paint like a child, by letting the colors flow and mix together.


I don't really think that I am very creative and I am not sure how well this would work relaxing me with my 4 year old around. Hehe.

Escape into a different world with a good book. The fictional world can be a great way to escape from the pressures of motherhood for half an hour or so.

I have never been much of a reader until Steph turned me on to Twilight and I feel in love. I think that I was more relaxed while reading all the books. I will just have find something that I can get into!

Lavender, vanilla, sandalwood and spearmint are soothing scents to look for when purchasing special candles. The simple act of lighting a candle creates a soothing environment for you to relax in.


I am surprised not to see Xanax on this list!:) Hehe. That is what I tend to use when I am all stressed out and can't relax. ;)

Now that I am all educated on how to relax at home, I guess that I will go and clean up and see what my baby girl is getting into. She can't sit still for five minutes. And she is being very quite at the moment and no good ever comes form that. Wish me luck!!



No comments: