Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Only Tuesday???

What the heck?? Why is it only Tuesday?? I was for sure that today was at least Wednesday!! But no such luck! Long day at work. For some reason the days just seem to be dragging by at work and then by the time that I get off work it is time for bed before I even have time to get anything done. I think that this time change has got me all kinds of messed up. I really hope that I adjust soon!

I am so ready for the weekend. We are going to my Mmaws house that is out in the country, outside a very small town. I love being out there. I have no cell phone service and it is wonderful. I feel at peace out there. It also reminds me how much I miss my Papa. :( All the fam will be out there for my sweet Memaws birthday and mine too! We always celebrate our birthdays together with the fam! I am going to be sure and take my camera and get some pics of all my loved ones.

This afternoon at work I checked in this little 85 year old man,( who was the cutest man ever) and I just fell in love with him. I love to talk to the patients and hear their story. His wife was telling me how he had recently gotten pretty sick and they can't seem to figure out what is the matter with him. He had been in and out of the hospital the past few months and was just not getting any better. Today he had a colonoscopy done. He is 85 and had never had one done before. After I got him all checked in I just could not stop thinking about him. I just had this gut feeling that he was going to get bad news and it was just about making me sick. I was going to pick up the charts from the recovery room and the Dr was talking to him, his wife and his daughter. He had cancer. He had two pretty large masses in his colon. He is set to see a surgeon on Thursday. As I type this, I am tearing up. I am not usually this way with all the patients. I care about them and I don't want anyone to get bad news but some just really touch your heart. He was one of them. I only talked to him for a few minutes but that was enough to make a lasting impression on me. So tonight when I say my prayers I will be saying one for him! And if you are reading this just take a second and say a little prayer for him as well. It would really mean a lot to me. I may never see him again...and I may not ever know the outcome of his surgery but he is on my mind now and I think that he could use a few extra prayers!!! Thanks!!!

Time for bed!! Nighty Night!!




- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Glendale St,Burkburnett,United States

No comments: