Thursday, December 23, 2010

This and That


Work is dragging by today. I knew that it would but I was really hoping that it would just fly by....Haha not happening. I have been so ready for Christmas but really it has gotten here so fast. I think that it is just crazy. Another thing that is really freaking me out is that my baby girl's b-day is in 19 days!!!! OMG!!! She will be 5 years old in 19 flippin days. What the heck is all that about. Why must they grow up so fast??? So now not only have I been thinking about Christmas, I have been thinking about birthday stuff. Blahhhh. She has decided that she wants a Jesse (from toy story 3) birthday. So now I am on the look out for all that stuff. :) I don't think that it should be possible to have a child in the month on January or December. For real. Christmas then Birthday or Birthday then Christmas....it's just not right. Not right at all. I always fret about her birthday. And I have decided that I am NOT going to do that this year. I am not going to make sure that everyone can be there-check and see if they have to work or not. I am just going to plan it and if they show up then they do and if they don't then they don't. In the past years I have tried so hard to make sure that everyone could come and it just wore me out. So no more of that crap for me. I just want her to have a good time and I would like to have a good time as well. So next week I will pick a date and set it all up. There will be no changes!!! I am sticking to my guns on this. I need less stress in my life...less worries.
So this year we have decided to stay Christmas Eve night at my Mom's house. I think that it will be easier this way. We will not have to drag Abby away from her toys that she got from Santa to run out there and open gifts. And I am pretty sure that my whole family is pumped that they are going to get to be there when Abby gets her Santa stuff. And my Mom told me this morning that my Step Dad is planning this big deal where he is going to get up on the roof in a Santa outfit and be climbing in the chimney and have my brothers video it and have that waiting for her that morning. He does something all crazy every year. He just cracks me up. She is full of stories about things that my Pops has done. Very , very cute. She really adores him and I think that he might like her a little too!! so needless to say I am pretty positive that we will have a wonderful time!! Then Christmas Day we will head to my Memaw's house for some great home cooking and a super time with the fam!! I think that we will pretty much spend the day out there and then on our way home from there we will hit up my Daddy's house and do all the gift business with him!! Overall we have a busy holiday but it is tradition and I love it. I don't ever want to change a thing about it. I love love love going to my Memaw's on
Christmas Day. I have been doing that for the past 27 years and I am not all about changing that!! And I am only 27!! Hahaha.
I have been really missing my Papa. I miss him all the time but I miss him 500 times more when we have family gatherings at my Memaw's house. When we pull up at my Memaw's I just expect to see him come walking out the the shop, smoking a cigarette while coming to give us all hugs. And as soon as that does not happen, every time that I go out there I just tear up. It is like it breaks my heart all over again. :( I know that he is gone and I miss him all the time. I think about him all the time, so I don't understand why I have to put myself thru that every time I go out there. Maybe over time I will not expect him to come walking out of the shop but then again maybe that is just my little few seconds of goodness each time. Either way I love him so much and I know that he is watching over me day in and day out. :)
Well I guess that is it for now. I will try and post some pics tonight of a wonderful gift that I was given by a wonderful person!!!:)

No comments: