Monday, September 12, 2011

Day One of Stay at Home Mom/Wife

It was a little odd this morning when I got up to get Abby ready for school and I did not have to put scrubs for work. I think it will take some time to really sink in that I don't ever have to go back to work at the Endoscopy Center again....

Abby woke up this morning feeling good, she at breakfast, watched cartoons and finally got dressed. She is pretty slow in the mornings. (like her Daddy) Dropped Abby off at school around 7:45 and headed back home to start my busy day of laundry and cleaning. I really wanted to go back to sleep but I didn't. My plan was to get the house clean and laundry going that then I would go and get my much needed pedi......But when you have children things usually don't go as planned. At 9:11 the school nurse called and said that Abby was in her office throwing up and that I needed to come and get her, so I grabbed my purse and was off to get my sick baby girl. Poor thing,she got sick in her classroom and did not make it to the trash can or bathroom. :( Bless her heart. She said that is was not a big mess. Thank goodness.

We got home within about 3 minutes and she was ready to crawl in bed. I think she was in her PJs and in bed before I even had time to put my purse down on the kitchen bar. I put on one of her fav Barbie movies and got her some juice and crackers and she was set. It did not take long and she was out. That is pretty much all she has done all day long. Besides making trips to the bathroom she has been in bed all day long. And for Abby to stay in bed that long means she is really, really sick. She is still not feeling any better this evening but the nurse said that even if she was that she had to stay home tomorrow.  I really hope that she is able to get some rest tonight and that she wakes up in the morning feeling 100 times better. I hate when my baby is sick. I would rather it be me.

I was able to continue my cleaning once I go her all snuggled up in her bed. I actually got a lot done today. No pedi...but if I have waited this long I can wait a couple more days. House is all clean, supper was ready when my Hubby got home and I only have some blankets left to wash tomorrow. Good stuff.

Thank you Hubby for letting me be a stay at home Mom/Wife!!! I love you!!!

No comments: