Wednesday, September 21, 2011

12 Days

After 12 days of being gone from the Endoscopy Center I stopped by to visit. It was nice. After working there for six years and seeing the same people daily, it is a big change not seeing them anymore. It was nice just to be able to stop by and chat and then leave without thinking that I had to go back up there to work the next day. It is not that I hated my job by any means but sometimes people change and want/need different things in their life. I was the girl that changed. The daily grind of working and rushing home to hurry and cook supper and bathe Abby and get her to bed, that had changed me. It is funny that it really did not take long for the change to come around. Abby's first day of school was Aug. 22nd and since then I have been a girl on the change. I had gotten to the point where I really did not enjoy coming to work, yes I know there are not many people who really enjoy working, but I did. I mean, I did not love to be there or want to be there all the time, but I did not hate it either. I can sit here and tell you that I miss somethings about working there. Some of my co-workers, talking to the patients, the crazy conversations that went on in the office, Yea I miss that so much. It was great to chat with everyone there today and nice to see their faces. :)

And I will continue to visit from time to time....That were my thoughts while I was leaving the Endoscopy Center today.  My idea from time to time is when I am ready to go and visit. Like I was today. I was ready and I was in town and I went to visit.

Ok the reason for all this silly beating around the bush is that on my way home I got a call from the Endoscopy Center and asked if I would be interested coming back to work but only as PRN. At that moment in time it sounded wonderful.. I would have no set amount of hours that I would have to work a week, I would only have to work at lease one shift every 90 days to keep a PRN status. I told them it sounded good and I would be interested in something like that...Or maybe I was wrong and I was really interested in it. Maybe I just liked the thought of seeing my co-workers every so often. I really have no idea what I am thinking. So the rest of my drive home with my Mom, after the phone call, I said very little. Just really thinking about the phone conversation that I had just had. Did I say that I was interested because I really wanted to do it or did I say that I was interested because I know that they need someone to help them out since they have not filled my position yet..... And that I am still unsure about at this moment. I did let them know that I would have to talk to my Husband about it and get back with them so not to get things rolling quite yet. I know that my Husband is going to say that I should do what will make me happy but damn I really don't know if that would make me happy. I am so completely happy being at home and being involved with my daughter everyday. I love that I don't have to rush anything anymore. I really get to just sit back and take in everything that is wonderful and great in my life. Would going back to work PRN take this away form me?? How would my daughter feel about it?? There would be days that I would work and not be able to pick her up form school. I have wanted to be able to be a stay at home Mom since Abby was born and now that I am able to do that I am not sure that I would be completely happy going back to work, even if it is just PRN. I am very unsure, as you can see of what I want to do. I need sometime to just sit and think about it and talk to my Hubby!

With all of that out there, I think that I will sweep and mop and finish my laundry.

Happy Hump Day!!

No comments: