Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday....

Well I am sooooo glad that tomorrow is Friday! I even had a day off this week and it still feels like this week has lasted forever.
I went to the hospital today after work to visit my Papa, he had a pretty severe stroke yesterday. He is doing pretty good. A little confused at times but ok. Bless his heart. I just hope that this is not something that is going to continue. It just worries me so much.
Tomorrow will be a short day at work tomorrow. We only have like 6 patients. Wow. That will make it a long day I am sure. Oh well I am just glad that it will be Friday and I will not have to go back for two days. That is good stuff.

My Step Dad is a TABC officer, (Texas Alcohol and Beverage Commission) Anyways, he has been so overwhelmed with alcohol related wrecks and/or deaths. I just don't get it. I am at a loss when it comes to these people drinking themselves stupid and getting out on the road and killing innocent people. How freaking stupid and selfish can people be?? He can barley get one case closed and there is two more for him to work on. It seems like there are more and more everyday. And the really bad thing about it is that all the cases that he is working are all local. That is scary. And what is even crazier is that most of the people that are doing the drinking and driving and in their 40's and 50's. WTH?!?! So I am just wondering what the age is that people grow up ??? I just can't put it all together. I am so glad that the victims have someone like my Step Dad to get the justice that they deserve. He does a great job but it would be great if he did not have any cases to work on, that would mean that no one has gotten hurt or killed with alcohol involved. That would be wonderful. The thing that a lot of people don't know is that when someone goes to the bar and drinks and gets drunk and they continue to serve them and that drunk person leaves the bar and kills someone, the bar can be sued! All in all I just think that if everyone would just be responsible we would not have all this crap going on in the world. People don't think much about all this until it happens to their family or a friend. Well by that time it is too late. I just needed to vent about this. I get tired of seeing this crap on my local news!

On My Soap Box, Ashley


No comments: