Saturday, August 7, 2010

So Far So Good..

The weekend has been good so far. My Papa, who had a stroke last week seems to be doing better at the moment. Today he was able to move his right side, which he was unable to do yesterday and he has also been able to put a few words together. I think that it will be a long road for him but I think that he will pull through it all ok. I think that they have decided to send him to Healthsouth for rehab. He is going to need some speech therapy as well as some occupational therapy. It is so hard seeing someone one day who is talking your ear off and then is unable to speak at all the next. I can't even imagine how he feels. It just breaks my heart. I know that all will work out for him. He is a very strong and stubborn man. But I really can't wait till he gets to come home.

Well last night Abby stayed the night with my Mom and Step Dad. It was just me and Justin. We had a good time, we really just laid around and watched TV and spent some time together just the two of us. I think that we were both just at a loss without her here. It was so quite and we just are not used to that. There is usually never a quite moment in the house. All in all it was nice. She had a great time and so did we. She is already in bed for the night. She was pretty worn out. She stayed up pretty late last night playing and then woke up pretty early this morning to go shopping with My Step Dad and Brother. I think they spent almost the entire day shopping. I was able to keep her awake long enough to eat supper and take a bath and then she crawled in bed and was out in about 5 minutes. Tired little baby girl.
My brothers are about to come over and we are all going to watch the UFC fights! I can't wait. I love the UFC. I think that I could watch it all day everyday. Good stuff!!! I just hope that someone gets knocked out tonight! I guess that I better finish my never ending laundry...Booooo!

No comments: